Luverne HRA

Affordable, Safe, Clean

About Luverne HRA

The Luverne Housing and redevelopment Authority/Blue Mound Tower is a secure, crime free, income-based, seven story, 70-unit apartment building located in the heart of Luverne, Minnesota.

The Luverne HRA welcomes all ages. We are close to downtown for your shopping convenience and Senior Dining. We are the preferred housing of choice for college students as we are located across the street from Minnesota West Community College. We are a non-profit, income-based, crime-free housing facility. Income limits and verifications along with background checks are necessary.

Luverne HRA Hours

Business Office Hours
Monday 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Tuesday 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Wednesday 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Thurday 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Friday 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Maintenance Hours
Monday 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Tuesday 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Wednesday 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Thurday 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Friday 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM

Our Mission

Mission Statement:It is the mission of the HRA of Luverne~Blue Mound Tower to improve affordable housing opportunities by providing a safe, healthy and discrimination free environment in Luverne and to partner with other organizations within our community whom promote and provide the same missions through supportive services.

Photo Gallery

Board of Directors

Evan Verbrugge

Board Chair

Mike Engesser

Board Vice-Chair

Susan Schneekloth


Bob Wratz

Tenant Board Representative

Scott Viessman

City of Luverne Board Representative


Tammy J. Johnson

Executive Director

Vonnie Nergaard

Office Manager

Gene Aanenson

Maintenance Supervisor

Contact US

216 N. McKenzie, Luverne, MN 56156

Telephone 507-283-4922

Fax: 507-449-3664

Email: or

Application Center

Applications for housing and pets


Upon request, you will be asked to provide the following documents:

  • Your original Social Security Card
  • A copy of your Birth Certificate and current Driver's License
  • A copy of your Social Security/SSI Benefit letters
  • Copies of pay check stubs (if you are employed) from the past 2 months
  • Copies of proof of any other source of regular income
  • Copies of farm land or property rental agreements that you may have
  • A copy of your most recent bank statement(s) showing balances for all checking and savings accounts, and any CD's that you may have
  • The most recent Property Tax statements for any property that you may own
  • Copies of your most recent statements for any annuities, IRA's, stocks/bonds, retirement plans, investments, etc
  • Copies of any out-of-pocket medical expenses you may have such as health insurance premiums, monthly prescriptions, medical/dental bills, etc. This applies if you are over the age of 62, or disabled


Pet ownership by public housing tenants is allowed, subject to compliance with the requirements set forth in this policy. Please check below to view our pet policy.

Residents wanting to keep pets must apply to the Housing Authority using the Pet Application Form. Applications will be processed within thirty (30) days, provided all required documentation is submitted.

Approval and denial of pet applications shall be in writing. Approvals will be accompanied by a lease amendment the resident will be required to sign. Denials will include the reason for denial. Pets are not allowed to reside at Public Housing sites and within Public Housing units until the resident receives authorization from the Housing Authority.

Pet Policies

Pet ownership by public housing tenants is allowed, along with assistive animals, subject to compliance with the requirements set forth in the policies below.


How to Contact Maintenance

If you have need for maintenance in your HRA rental unit and it is not an emergency, please complete a maintenance request. Maintenance requests are located in a wall pocket outside of the business office. After you completed the request, place it in the black locked box next to the requests.
Holiday and after hour emergency calls (regular hours are 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM Monday-Friday)
If you have an emergency that requires maintenance you may call 507-227-0188.

Definitions of Emergency, Urgent and Routine

The following is the way the HRA defines Maintenance Work Order Categories

Category Definition
Emergency Maintenance problems that pose an immediate threat to life, health safety or property, or related to fire safety. Example: A toilet that is overflowing which may cause property damage if it is not repaired. Emergency Work Orders are addressed in 24 hours or less. If there is a fire, call 911 before calling for maintenance help.
Urgent Work order items that are not an emergency but need attention in a timely manner. Urgent work orders will be addressed within 3 working days. Example: An electrical outlet stops working.
Routine Maintenance work that is scheduled for a predetermined date.

When a resident is charged for Maintenance services and when they are not

Residents are not charged for normal wear and tear maintenance needs in their unit. However, if damage is caused due to tenant abuse or negligence, the resident will be charged for the cost of repairs. If a resident is charged for damage to HRA property, the following charges apply.

Repairs performed by a contractor will be reimbursed to the HRA for full charges passed on from the contractor

If the HRA performs the repairs during normal working hours, labor charges are as follows:

Price Time
$32.00 Hour
$24.50 Three Quarter Hour
$16.00 Half Hour
$8.00 Quarter Hour

Please note that after hours call back $96.00 (for up to three hours, and $32.00 per hour for any hours in excess, up to the nearest quarter hour). Materials charges will be billed at cost, plus labor.

Ceiling Light Bulb Policy

Florescent bulbs will be installed by the HRA at no charge to residents. Incandescent bulbs will be installed at no charge in the ceiling if the light bulb is provided by the tenant. If it is necessary for the HRA to provide the light bulb the resident will be charged $1.00 per bulb